- Scientific symposia and educational sessions organized around the following themes:
- Cellular and Physiological Nutrition/ Metabolism
- Clinical and Translational Nutrition
- Global and Public Health Nutrition
- Population Science
- Food Science and Systems
- Original research studies presented in oral and poster sessions; new in 2019, flash talks;
- A From Research to Practice clinical track to review the latest science and practical applications – geared to health care providers
- Special lectures and addresses delivered by some of the most recognized names in the field of nutrition; and
- Invaluable networking opportunities.
W.O. Atwater Memorial Lecture to recognize a scientist who has made unique contributions toward improving the diet and nutrition of people around the world in honor of Wilbur Olin Atwater (1844-1907), the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s first chief of nutrition investigations.
The Gilbert A. Leveille Lectureship and Award to honor outstanding research in nutrition science and food technology.
The Kellogg Prize for Lifetime Achievements in International Nutrition to honor lifetime achievements in international nutrition research to benefit populations in non-industrialized countries.
Suskind Pediatric Nutrition Lifetime Achievement Award Lecture to recognize a physician, clinician or investigator who has made a significant lifetime contribution to the field of pediatric nutrition.
More program highlights coming soon.
Nutrition 2019 offers opportunities to meet and network with scientists and practitioners from around the globe. Make new friends and connections in an intimate environment you don’t get at any other event. You can:
- Join hot-topic discussion sessions, mentoring activities and other special events hosted by the ASN’s sixteen Research Interest Sections and three Councils — vibrant scientific communities that are vital to advancing nutrition science.
- Connect with fellow Students and Young Professionals at activities coordinated by ASN’s Student Interest Group and Early Career Nutrition Interest Group. Join in the Graduate Students Breakfast, Speed Mentoring, Students Meet the Fellows and other popular networking activities.
- Network with faculty from nutrition, food science and other related biomedical sciences to share successes, challenges and innovations in undergraduate and graduate education. The annual Department Heads Breakfast is a popular event!
Other special events include:
- Opening Reception
- Emerging Leaders Poster Competition
- Meet the ASN Journal Editors
- Fellows, 50-Year Members and Past Presidents Luncheon
- and more!
Continuing Education / Accreditation
Nutrition 2019 will provide continuing education credits for physicians, nurses, dietitians and certified health education specialists. More details coming soon.