Press Access Policy
Complimentary press passes to NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE are available to journalists representing media organizations as well as bloggers and freelance journalists covering nutrition-related topics. Representatives of scientific journals are eligible for a press pass if they write or edit the journal’s news section.
Applying for a press pass will require submitting one of the following:
- Confirmation that you have reporter access to EurekAlert! Science News (register).
- Two recent examples of bylined work or blog posts representing the type of news coverage you expect to generate by attending NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE.
- A letter of assignment from the publication or broadcast outlet that you will represent at the meeting.
Approved applicants will receive a complimentary press pass to attend NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE. This includes full access to the virtual meeting and to embargoed materials in its virtual newsroom.
Information provided by media registrants is considered private and will not be shared outside of ASN without explicit permission from the registrant.
Corporate and Institutional Media Materials
For the convenience of journalists following NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE, we are pleased to display press releases from corporate and institutional attendees in the meeting’s virtual newsroom. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must have a EurekAlert! PIO subscription. Simply upload your release onto EurekAlert! and tag it with NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Link your social media to the meeting with the hashtag #NutritionLiveOnline.
An embargo means that information and data pertaining to research presented at NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE may not be announced, publicized or distributed by parties other than NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE organizers before the embargo date and time.
Reporters, bloggers, researchers and public information officers are required to abide by the following embargo policies:
Meeting Abstracts: Accepted abstracts are embargoed until their publication in Current Developments in Nutrition, their publication in the NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE meeting platform, or the beginning of the first session in which they are presented, whichever happens first.
Press Materials: NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE organizers may release additional information about selected abstracts to the press ahead of the meeting, such as quotes, multimedia, and additional data and background about the research. All information beyond what is published in the abstract itself is embargoed until the date listed on these press materials. Information that appears in the abstract itself falls under the “NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE Meeting Abstracts” policy above.
Promotion of general topics, speakers or presentation times is allowed and encouraged as long as specific findings and data to be presented are not included in the announcement. Use the hashtag #NutritionLiveOnline to join the online conversation.
If you have questions about the embargo policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography and Recording Policy
Materials presented at the American Society of Nutrition’s (“ASN”) annual meeting, including all slides, written and oral presentations, posters, and other materials displayed, shown, or otherwise published during the ASN annual meeting and scientific sessions are protected by copyright and may not be publicly displayed or republished without the express written consent of the copyright owner, except as expressly provided in this Policy.
• Presenters and exhibitors at ASN sponsored meetings and events have the option to license their presentation material to attendees, and to ASN, to copy, distribute, display, build upon, and perform the work and make derivative works and remixes based on it only if they give the author or licensor (presenter) the credits (attribution) in the manner specified under a Creative Commons Attribution + Noncommercial + ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/)
• Presenters and exhibitors will be invited to display a set of icons to indicate to the audience whether photography/recording of the poster, presentation, or exhibit booth and sharing/remixing of the material is/is not permitted. To aid in this process, ASN will provide presenters with a digital graphic to incorporate into their slides/poster or to print and display. If you are presenting, use the links below to access the appropriate icon. The image will open in a new window. Right click on the image and select “save image as” to download.
• Camera with an X: Photography/recording/sharing/remixing/derivative works of the material are prohibited. All rights are reserved.
• CCBY-NC-SA icon/Camera with a Checkmark: Photography/recording of the material is permitted. This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator, as stated in CCBY-NC-SA 4.0 International, subject to commercial patents and trademarks, when applicable. If you remix, adapt, or build upon the material, you must license the modified material under identical terms.
• In the absence of a visible image/sign, photography, video and audio recording, and all other forms of recording of a presentation, poster, or exhibit booth are prohibited.
• Presenters are required to obtain permissions from all co-authors before selecting to capture/share the work described in the presentation. If all co-authors do not agree, the presentation must be marked as the Camera with an X. By displaying the CCBY icon, you signify that permissions have been obtained from all authors.
• Photography and recording of presentations and exhibits should not be disruptive. Only handheld devices are allowed. Flash photography is not permitted.
• Attendees are expected to abide by the request of the presenter or exhibitor as a matter of scientific and professional courtesy. Noncompliance with this policy may result in action by ASN, as they deem appropriate, up to and including removal from the meeting, without refund, and/or future ASN meetings.