Meeting & Event Guidelines
Meeting & Event Guide Guidelines
- What Qualifies as an Authorized Meeting & Event?
Invitation only – not open to all Nutrition 2020 attendees. Any event affecting Nutrition 2020 attendees, including exhibitor staff, scheduled outside of the official ASN program, including but not limed to:
Type of Function(s):
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Board Meetings
- Committee Meetings
- Hospitality Suites
- Investigator Meetings
- Sales Trainings
- Social Functions
- Staff Meetings
- Study Group Meetings
- Task Force Meetings
All requests for meetings and events must go through the ASN Meetings Department. This includes any meeting or event held outside ASN designated space.
- It is the group’s responsibility to distribute copies of this information to the appropriate company personnel and/or agents, representatives or contractors involved in planning activities for Nutrition 2020. It is the responsibility of organizers hosting events to make sure that those events comply with all applicable national, state and local laws and regulations.
- Groups may not conduct functions during ASN education program hours or ASN officially sponsored evening event function times.
|Wednesday, May 27||Functions may be held anytime|
|Thursday, May 28||Functions may be held anytime|
|Friday, May 29||Functions may be held anytime|
|Saturday, May 30||Functions may be held before 8:00 AM and after 8:00 PM|
|Sunday, May 31||Functions may be held before 8:00 AM and after 5:30 PM|
|Monday, June 1||Functions may be held before 8:00 AM and after 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday, June 2||Functions may be held prior to 8:00 AM and after 12:30 PM|
|Wednesday, June 3||Functions may be held anytime|
- To participate, a representative from your organization must be registered as an attendee or exhibitor for Nutrition 2020.
- Groups occupying space in the convention center or hotels must have appropriate staff to coordinate all activities.
- Any and all charges for service levied by the convention center, hotels, or other venues are the responsibility of the meeting or event sponsor. ASN is not responsible for payment for any services connected with the event. ASN has no authority over any service charges, rental fees, set-up fees, labor contracts, etc., that are required by any venue.
- Application Fee: Application fees are non-refundable and will apply per function. Application fee is due upon submission. Any form without payment information will not be approved.
|Meeting & Event Application Fees||Early Rate (until March 6th)||Regular Rates (after March 6th)|
|Nutrition 2020 Exhibitor Rate||$500||$750|
|Nutrition 2020 Sponsor Rate||$500||$750|
- Once submitted, ASN will review the application. If approved, function space will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Once space is assigned, a confirmation will be sent with the contact of the facility you will work directly with to finalize arrangements.
- The Submission Deadline for all applications and required documentation is April 17, 2020. An email notification will be sent to verify receipt of your completed application.
- Submitters will be notified on or before April 30, 2020 of meeting and event approval and placement. Please do not call or email prior to this date.
- Submitters who contact hotels on their own or otherwise attempt to circumvent ASN’s meeting and event request approval and assignment process are subject to denial.
- ASN reserves the right to accept, reject, or condition acceptance, based on ASN’s sole discretion, for any reason, which need not be disclosed to the applicant. All outstanding obligations to ASN by the submitter, including payment of all debts, must be fulfilled.
- The submitter shall protect, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend ASN, its officers, directors, agents and employees against all such claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation; provided that the foregoing shall not apply to injury, loss or damage caused by or resulting from the negligence of ASN, its officers, directors, agents or employees.
- ASN has the full authority to interpret or amend rules at its sole discretion. All decisions will be final. Submitters agree to abide by any rules and regulations that may hereafter be adopted. All matters or questions not covered by the above rules and regulations are subject to the discretion of ASN. These rules and regulations may be amended at any time by ASN, and all amendments shall be equally binding on all parties. In the event of any amendment or addition to these guidelines, written notice will be given by ASN to such parties.