ASN is committed to continuing its tradition of being a family friendly meeting and providing an open and inclusive learning environment. We understand how family care responsibilities can make it difficult to fully participate in meetings, whether in person or virtual. Therefore, we are proud to offer grants to support your participation.
This year, Family Support Grants will be offered to scientists attending or presenting at NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE to off-set caregiving expenses for dependent children or family members.
A NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE Family Support Grant is a reimbursable allowance up to a maximum of $100 which can be applied towards expenses incurred by an attendee for the caregiving of dependent children or family members by another individual. Please note that if a grant is given, documentation of the caregiving expenses must be provided to ASN.
Provision of these grants is part of a study to assess and evaluate conference attendance feasibility; through this effort we will gather feedback about preferences and barriers to conference attendance.
- ASN members may apply if the member:
- Is attending NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE
- Is presenting an accepted abstract at NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE
- Is an invited speaker for NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE; and/or
- Currently serves in an ASN leadership role (e.g., member of ASN committee or GEM governing body).
- Only one parent or caregiver from each family may apply for a grant and only one grant per family may be awarded.
- Priority will be given to ASN members who are students, postdoctoral fellows, and early career scientists.
- International applicants welcome.
|Application deadline||May 3, 2021|
|Notifications sent to applicants||May 17, 2021|
|Documentation due to ASN from grant recipients||June 24, 2021|